People assume their confidence is coming from their thoughts. They don’t realize their posture is affecting how much they believe in what they’re thinking.Richard Petty, professor of psychology at Ohio State University.
Here are seven steps to adopt a positive body language with a proper posture and a confident walk to improve your personal image.
- Always look straight ahead, raising your head and chin.
- Keep your back straight and push your shoulders slightly backward.
- Put your body weight on both legs, leaving a space between your legs to keep a good balance.
- Bend your knees slightly and roll off your foot from heel to toe. When you raise your toes automatically, your back leg will push forward and force you to stand upright, and the shoulders will go to the right position.
- Keep your arms relaxed by your sides and swing them in the opposite direction with your legs.
- Hold your hands in a relaxed, closed-fit position with your forearm and keep your chest lifted.
- Avoid making your steps too wide. Instead, take side-steps proportionally for your body to give the impression of smooth walking.