The slip skirt is a versatile piece that will carry you through the season: from spring to summer and fall to winter, building endless outfits and always looking chic and fresh.
Here are a few tips to help you wear a slip skirt in style to the office:
- Choose a quality fabric: satin and silk work wonder
- Pull off a mid-length that will give a variety of options for choosing footwear: from flats to sneakers, high to low heels, closed to open-toe shoes.
- Elevate the look with accessories, especially for the office: chinch a belt around the waist, tuck in the blouse, and add a blazer for a more polished look.
- Play with texture: mix different textures to add interest to your look.
For example: wear a satin slip dress and a silk blouse with a merino wool blazer adding a contrasting leather belt.
- Match colors: stick to a limited color palette to give you more flexibility in mixing different kinds of textures, especially for professional attire.
Choose neutral colors for the skirt and blouse and solid colors that work together for blazer and accessories.
- Pay attention to details: make sure the clothes you wear are clean and wrinkle-free, focus on your grooming, and look put together.