Couture the physical space of your closet has many advantages and in the long run, your closet will look stylish and your clothes will get proper care.
- Closet ventilation – let your clothes to breath fresh air in order to prevent mold and bad smell that can impregnate in your clothes. If you have a walk-in closet have a fan installed in your closet and leave it on time to time. Or if your closet has the opening towards a room you may leave the door open for the air to circulate. Also, don’t forget about the drawers: leave them open and make sure that the airflow is good enough for your clothes to smell fresh.
- Lights – have proper lights when you are looking quickly to grab something on-the-go. You may not want to knock off a stack of clothes or worse to smash your favorite pair of shoes. Proper lights help you to have a good view of the whole closet. See it, grab it, wear it!
- A mirror is a must: the ideal is to have two mirrors in your closet to see yourself front and back. Always check your back and double check your look before you leave the house.
- Couture your closet choosing a paint color for walls that sooth and boost your mood at the same time.
- Decorate your space: hang pictures with your style icon, fashion quotes, pictures with favorite outfits from magazines.
- Scent your closet with your favorite fragrance. Eucalyptus and lavender sachets are the best options not only for the soothing and relaxing smell but also for keeping the moths away.