Small behaviors make big impressions.
The key to a successful video conference meeting is to adopt a proper video conferencing etiquette. Here are the 6 top tips to nail your next web conference.
1. Dress the part
- Proper attire matters and increases your
- Looking clean and all dress up shows that
you are ready for work.
2. Be on time
- Punctuality and reliability are the keys to flexible work hours.
- Take into consideration the hours and time zones arrangements.
- Plan your schedule around your colleagues or boss’ program and show on time for the video calls or conferences.
3. Display a positive body language
- Have a proper sitting posture: keep your back straight and shoulders back sitting at the end of the chair with your derriere touching the back of the chair.
- Do not slouch on the chair or put your feet up on the desk.
4. Pay attention to nonverbal cues: yawning, frowning, rolling eyes.
- People express unconscious emotions through some nonverbal cues
such as rolling your eyes when you dislike or not agree with an idea.
- Take control of your feelings and provide positive feedback.
5. Demonstrate exemplary verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Use a respectful tone of voice to give a strong message to your
- Do not take control of
the conversation. Make sure others can express their point of view.
6. Keep the decor in good taste.
- Make sure the space is uncluttered, furnishings and decorations are in good taste.
- Do not display controversial photos or objects of art.